The PTO works to enrich the learning experience of students, families and faculty within the Hemby Bridge Elementary School community. We hope all members of our community will participate in and support our efforts with their time and talents. If you wish to volunteer, please contact volunteer coordinator.
PTO Committee Descriptions:
- Beautification – helps maintain the school’s landscaping and organizes Earth Day activities
- Book Fair – schedules and organizes the school Book Fairs and schedule volunteers
- General Mills Boxtops – collects and submits these items to earn funds and supplies for the school
- Care and Share – offers support to faculty and staff during major life events
- Family Dance – schedules and organizes the event and schedules volunteers to help run the event
- Family Restaurant Nights – coordinates family nights at participating restaurants and businesses and other off campus family events
- Green Committee – encourages HBES students, staff and families to lessen our negative impact on the environment through reducing, reusing, and recycling to decrease our carbon footprint
- Grocery Store Rewards – assists families in linking shopping cards to participating stores
- Hospitality – provides teacher support through monthly snack days, birthday recognition, holiday events and Teacher Appreciation Week
- Membership – organizes membership drive and supports further enrollment
- Mentoring – organizes mentors for students whom teachers have identified as needing additional help
- Newsletter – collects information and issues a monthly school PTO newsletter to families
- Lunch Relief– provides teachers and assistants with a lunch “break”. Volunteers monitor the cafeteria while teachers enjoy a quiet lunch.
- Website – maintains the PTO website
- School Spirit – coordinates school spirit wear sales and spirit days
- Special Requests – accepts and processes requests from HBES staff for requests not met within the school’s budget
- Volunteer Coordinator – coordinates the “3 for Me” volunteer program, assists staff with filling volunteer needs, and matches volunteers with school needs
- Yearbook – takes candid and group photos throughout the year and designs the school’s yearbook
Hemby Bridge 2017-2018 Volunteer Opportunities:
Interested in checking out all the areas in need of volunteers? Check out ur Sign-up Genius. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0444a95-hemby3 At HBE, we utilize this tool for contacting people interested in a specific area or activity. Please note that by signing up it does not commit you to that area or activity, it just puts you on the list to be contacted by the chairperson. At that point, you can decide whether it is a good fit for you. Thank you in advance for volunteering!