Help support your School! Join the HBES PTO!
Join the PTO this year for only $10.00!
A PTO membership flyer will be included in your child’s folder that you will receive at Open House or on the 1st Day of School. Fill out the paperwork and send back to school. Or join on-line by clicking here: JOIN the Hemby Bridge PTO Online
What does the HBES PTO do?
- Provide each teacher with start-up money to supplement classroom supplies and needs
- Plans and run 3 book fairs for the school during the year (Covid permitting)
- Plans and provides coverage for duty free lunches
- Provides appreciation luncheons and snacks on special occasions for teacher and staff
- Boosts school spirit with various family nights, spirit nights and restaurant nights
- Creates the yearbook for lasting HBES memories.
- Bridges the financial gap from the county level with additional money raised from various fundraisers and membership drives
- Purchased recess bags for all grade levels with appropriate level balls and items to be used on the playground (2020-2021)
- Purchased school-wide, technology based, math program for all students for use in the classroom (2019-2020)
- Purchased playground shade structures for both playgrounds (2019-2020)
- Purchased school-wide, technology based, literacy program for all students for use in the classroom and at home to increase reading proficiency (2017-2018)
- Purchased updated media center furnishings and resources to stay current with STEAM initiatives (2017-2018)
- Purchased the “Ident-A-Kid” Visitor Management software to increase overall security (2016-2017)
- Purchase I-pads to supplement county supplied technology (2016-2017)
With limited resources provided by UCPS, the PTO must help bridge the deficit with money raised from various fundraisers.
THANK YOU for your commitment to support the school and teachers.
Top Ten Reasons to Join PTO
10. You can show that you care. By becoming a PTO member, you’re also becoming a role model and demonstrating to your child the importance of education.
9 You can share your skills. Your child will beam for weeks after his parent comes to school and shares his career, hobby or even just their time helping out at the school book fair.
8. Your voice can be heard. PTO can be a way for you to more effectively effect change at your child’s school.
7. You can have fun while doing good. Volunteer work shouldn’t be drudgery. Our PTO works together towards one goal and we have a great time doing it.
6. Your child will feel a sense of pride. Being part of the PTO will, in most cases, make your kids proud of you. They may not admit it, but they will feel proud that their parents are involved in their school’s well-being.
5. You can meet other parents. The common bond we all share is that we care about creating the best possible educational experience for our kids.
4. You can be part of the solution. By getting involved at school you can help make positive changes. Our PTO plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum based programs and social events.
3. You’ll tap into a network. PTO functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, to build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns and experiences to make the school year better for everyone.
2. You will be in the know. The PTO knows what’s happening with the school, who’s involved and plans many events.
And the #1 reason to join Hemby Bridge PTO…
Your child benefits. When parents get connected to the school, children get better grades, do better on tests and have fewer discipline problems.