Hemby Bridge Elementary School PTO Meeting Minutes
November 19, 2015
PTO Members Present: Jennifer Schwarz, Heather Pownell, Kim Rice, Angelica Linn, Michelle Simpson, Melissa Carpenter, Amy Machold, Paige McCay, Courtney Walker, Heather Greenwood, Briana Anderson, Sonia Tubbs, Amy Sullivan, Gina DiPietro, Deborah Romanow, Susan Shikany
Call to Order:
Jennifer Schwarz called the meeting to order at 2:14 pm
· President –We had our first night time PTO meeting on Nov. 3rd. Four parents came.
· VP Fundraising – Boosterthon profit is $ 18813.28. This was our most successful Boosterthon yet.
· 10% teacher money – notices were given today
· Nov. 24 is our next count date. Our collections are currently 94%. Still waiting on corporate donations
· 23 pairs of shoes were donated
· VP Room Parents – nothing to report
· Treasurer – bank balance is $28,643.95. Treasurer records are made available for everyone to see at every PTO meeting. They are in a large brown folder.
· Secretary– will make sure old business on meeting minutes is included from new business on previous meetings
· Beautification – Ana Butler
· Book Fair – Beth Green/Melissa Carpenter – Next Book Fair will be in Feb. 2016
· Box Tops and Campbells Labels – Jenny Ray – We made $1193.00 from Box Tops last month
· Care and Share – Amy Sullivan
· Family Dance – open – Mr. Hayden’s class won for most participation. We made $461.44
· Restaurant Nights – Rita Klasmier
· Green – Open
· Grocery Store Rewards – Fiona Heldt – Jennifer reported we received $13.18 from Amazon
· Holiday Shop – Lori McDevitt/Ana Butler/Sonia Tubbs – Dates are Dec. 10th -15th
· Hospitality – Angelica Linn – Nov. 24th is “Thanks Pie Giving”. Reminders went in teacher boxes for room parents to send emails to class parents to donate pies/deserts.
· Lunch Relief – Jennifer Schwarz – Going well
· Membership – Cathy Cassidy
· Mentoring – Jennifer Schwarz – still waiting on Ms. Phipps to coordinate students with volunteers
· Newsletter – Send any info to Kristen Sloan and copy Heather Pownell for website
· School Spirit – Sonia Tubbs
· Volunteers – Kim Rice
· Website – Send any info for PTO website to Heather Pownell
· Yearbook – Lori McDevitt/Amy Sullivan – Theme is Super Heroes. Deadline for 5th grade cover contest is Dec. 8th.
· Jennifer Schwarz is checking on a box for payments, etc. for teachers to use in the 3-5 building during the school day. Cost is approx. $50.00
· Publix Grocery Store keycards were sent home with all students
· Money is still available for Special area teachers if needed. They did not receive $500.00 grade level money.
· Need 4th grade and 5th grade requests for literacy money
· Candy Canes and Pencils for Cancer will start in Dec. Lori McDevitt will be in charge of this.
· Dec. 8th is our 1st grade and 3rd grade Music Concert and General PTO meeting at Porter Ridge High School
· Reminder that Amazon Smile give back to school
· Ms. Anderson stated that 5th grade needs volunteers any day or time but especially on Tuesdays during specials time 9:50 – 10:35, to help in the classroom and to give teachers some planning time
· 4th grade could also use help from volunteers, especially on Tuesday during their normal specials time 7:35 – 8:20
· Next meeting is Dec. 17th at 2:15
Meeting Adjourned at 2:56